This is an analysis of the poem My Heart Is Healed that begins with:
You rang my phone.
And I heard you there breathing....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ABXC deXd FE FGHD ABXC FE FGHD GIJcXGIJd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,2,4,4,2,4,9,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1111 1111110 110110 010100101 1110111 110110 1111111 01011 011011101 110100110010 011011101 11001101 1011 110101 1111 1111110 110110 010100101 011011101 110100110010 011011101 11001101 1011 110101 111111 01010100 100100 1011101 111111 01010100 100100 110111001
- Amount of stanzas: 9
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 98
- Average number of words per stanza: 19
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 27 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; you, to, it are repeated.
The author used the same words it, don't at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of My Heart Is Healed;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Grim And Stuck On Their Knees
- Analysis of 'From Me You Will Get Love'
- Analysis of It Is Long Past Overtime To Welcome A Recovery