This is an analysis of the poem My Collard Green Romance that begins with:
At one time...
One would have to beg grocers...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbbbcdceffgh bXbhicib bjjXjhXe XbgajjibabXeckk XXjb lbchjblbhXd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 13,8,8,15,4,11,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111 1110110 01101011 101011 10111111 010101011 110111010001 110110111 10110 1110111010 0100101101101 111110 110101010 1110011101 11101101000 110010 111010111 11 1001010101 1 1101001111100 1111101 1100100100110 11010 11110010101011 1111101010100 1110101 1101010100 101101001 1101101011 001010101 0101011100100 1011101110 110001101010 111011110010 11111 0101101 1101101010010 1101010111 1000001 110111001 10101 1110011100 11101010101100 111110001 01001 1101110110110 10110101 1 1111101 0110110101 11101101 001110 001010010 1010101 11101010 110011011010 01
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 297
- Average number of words per stanza: 52
- Amount of lines: 58
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; have, of, and, to, them are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word i is repeated.
The author used the same word when at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines water is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of My Collard Green Romance;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.