This is an analysis of the poem Mutual Benefit that begins with:
You do not have to appreciate a thing I say.
Or marinate your mind......
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbaa cddXc Xccefbe XcXeXfbcfdf
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,5,7,11,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1111001010111 110111 0101101 111111101 010011101 111001 10101010 1111101 11010 01100001001 110 1011110 110111110 11011101 11111 11011101001 0110101111 010100100 11010 1111001 111001 01010 10100100 11001100100 1110100101010 101010 1110101
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 165
- Average number of words per stanza: 28
- Amount of lines: 27
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Mutual Benefit;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.