This is an analysis of the poem Motives To Create Descension that begins with:
There are those who have motives,
To create descension....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: AXbcdaa XefX Adbgdhg I eF I eF dc dXhXde I eF I eFfdXccd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 7,4,7,1,2,1,2,2,6,1,2,1,8,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1111110 001100 110111000 00101110 011001001100 00010001110 11101101110 11101011101011 1110101011 11110101 10111111 1111110 00111001 1101110101 011010 01100101 00100001010011 111011011101 1100111011 1 111 1100111101 1 111 0011111101 10110010111 110 011011111100010 1111 1010011010000110 11011101 11111001 1100111011 1 111 1100111101 1 111 1111001 001001111 10 101 11011 11100
- Amount of stanzas: 13
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 105
- Average number of words per stanza: 20
- Amount of lines: 44
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word i is repeated.
The author used the same word i at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Motives To Create Descension;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.