This is an analysis of the poem Moments Of Their Mourning that begins with:
The biggest honor you can bestow,
On someone deceased....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbcd Xeabfa ghie dbejbdjf Xkk af Xdchj ifjXbgfebXXXae
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,6,4,8,3,2,5,14,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 010101101 11101 000101 0101 10110010 11101 110110100 1111001 111001 00101010 100011111 10110010 010110101 110101101 101001100 010100 111001 0100100 011011010 1011 11011010010 010100100 011111001 111001 01110 0100110 10000 1101101110010 11010001010 11 111111 1001000100001 11010011 11111 110101010 111101111101 010010111 11010 110 11101010 1101001000100 1 11110010011 11011110 11 10
- Amount of stanzas: 9
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 150
- Average number of words per stanza: 27
- Amount of lines: 48
- Average number of symbols per line: 27 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; you, to, i are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words you, i are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Moments Of Their Mourning;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.