This is an analysis of the poem Misunderstanding Your Methods that begins with:
Spare me the wide eyed sincerity....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcdXXecfg XgbXXe fff dXae
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 10,6,3,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1 110110100 010 1110 100110 1010101 10111010 01100 1100010010 111 11010011 010101010 1101010100 1110010 1 1110100011010 110001 101001100011100 1010 1 101 11110010110 101100001100010
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 155
- Average number of words per stanza: 25
- Amount of lines: 23
- Average number of symbols per line: 26 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Misunderstanding Your Methods;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of No Benefit That Hides
- Analysis of I Understand. I Will Give You A Call Later
- Analysis of That Is Not Positive Feedback