This is an analysis of the poem Minds Affixed To Tricks that begins with:
'Your' world 'is' coming to an end....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aBCCCdE cXabbb aBCCCdE XXbffXbb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 7,6,7,8,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1 11110011 01 01110000 01011 1 00111 011110101 11011001100 0100100010 101010100101 0101110100011 10100101 1 11110011 01 01110000 01011 1 00111 110001001 1010001 0010001001 11110 01 100101 0101001010 11010111010
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 192
- Average number of words per stanza: 34
- Amount of lines: 28
- Average number of symbols per line: 27 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Minds Affixed To Tricks;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Once The Chipping Away Shows A Fakeness
- Analysis of You Are Overdue
- Analysis of You Have No Idea How Grateful I Am To You