This is an analysis of the poem Memory Loss that begins with:
There are those who eventually...
Come to despise and hate, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXXX bbXaX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,5,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111101000 100111 110100101 01001 00100100000 01101 101 1111111 10100 0101010
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 137
- Average number of words per stanza: 22
- Amount of lines: 10
- Average number of symbols per line: 27 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Memory Loss;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Prompted By Debate
- Analysis of 'Things Take Time To Get Accomplished'
- Analysis of My Eyes Were Always Set Upon 'Home'