This is an analysis of the poem Mean Spirited that begins with:
What is more tragic than a nonacceptance of truth?
People allowing themselves and others too......
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXaaX bXXXb cXcac
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,5,5,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: rondeau
- Metre: 1011010100001 10010011101 00101101 00010010 110111010100 11010100 00110111010 00010001100010 1111100100 01101101001100 1111010001010 011101110 10011101010 0011010100 10011001101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 210
- Average number of words per stanza: 35
- Amount of lines: 15
- Average number of symbols per line: 41 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; with is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Mean Spirited;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Only You Make It Better-Whenever
- Analysis of Not Accepting The Obvious
- Analysis of Midnight Has Gone