This is an analysis of the poem Lovers Of Halloween that begins with:
When people have become offended,
By the hearing of the truth....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXbaXcddX XaaXbcXa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 9,8,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110101010 1010001 1110111 011011001010 10111010 101011 101111010 100010 00101010 110 101 10100110001 101010101001 11000100101 0010101010 010010101011 1111
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 272
- Average number of words per stanza: 49
- Amount of lines: 17
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Lovers Of Halloween;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of In Moods Consistent With The Times
- Analysis of Accomplices
- Analysis of Judging Their Sacrifices