This is an analysis of the poem Listening To My Father's Wishes that begins with:
Never will I accept or believe,
A truth that keeps fear within reach......
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXaXa bXXXc bd eXedd Xecc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,5,2,5,4,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 100101101 01111011 00010010101 01100010 10110100 101101100101010 00010010110101 101010101011010 01101001 01001101 11110010 010111010 1011110010001 001011101100 01010001001110 0001010011011 011110011001 0110111100101 1110110010100100 100011010 0111001010111001
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 180
- Average number of words per stanza: 35
- Amount of lines: 21
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i, if, my are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Listening To My Father's Wishes;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.