This is an analysis of the poem Listen To Learn that begins with:
The only advice I can give to anyone,
Is not to seek to solicit it....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ABXXXacC ABabCcXXc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,9,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 010011110100 010100100 11010001 0100101 00010101 010101 100011001 0101111001 010011110100 010100100 110110011010 100010010 0101111001 00100111 11101011 01010011 100100100101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 306
- Average number of words per stanza: 58
- Amount of lines: 17
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to is repeated.
The author used the same word the at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Listen To Learn;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.