This is an analysis of the poem Lessons Prolonged that begins with:
The only notion broken,
Is a spoken peace unseen....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: AAbC Xde XAAbC XaXedX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,3,5,6,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0101010 0010101 0111010 11 0101110 010101 01 1 0101010 0010101 0101010 11 01001010 001 001100 11001111 1111 01
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 99
- Average number of words per stanza: 18
- Amount of lines: 18
- Average number of symbols per line: 21 (very short strings)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Lessons Prolonged;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Usurp And Stay A Fixture
- Analysis of So Glad Am I To Have Discovered Listening
- Analysis of There Is Something Within Us That Refuses Change