This is an analysis of the poem Less Intrusive that begins with:
If anyone is still left defending,
The nonsense of their foolish visions......
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXXbcX dbacdXc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,7,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0100011010 010011010 0010001 0111000011 010001 110101 10110110100 11 10010 011011 0111 0111100 10100111010
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 197
- Average number of words per stanza: 34
- Amount of lines: 13
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; them is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Less Intrusive;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of See For Yourself What Is Involved
- Analysis of When One Weaves A Web
- Analysis of Few Have Seen Those Bruises