This is an analysis of the poem Learned Not To Celebrate Setbacks that begins with:
It's not that I do not wish to hear,
Of your discoveries....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XabcXXX dedebXbcXXaX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 7,12,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 011111101 010100 011111 1010111 0110110 001001 110111010 0111110010 110 1111 1111010 0011010 11011 10111101001 101001011100 10111101 100101 001111 11111
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 271
- Average number of words per stanza: 50
- Amount of lines: 19
- Average number of symbols per line: 28 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; not is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Learned Not To Celebrate Setbacks;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of No One There To Empathize
- Analysis of I Suspect You Are Free Of Them
- Analysis of In The Image Of God