This is an analysis of the poem Knowing What It Has Taken that begins with:
Knowing what it has taken,
To make those forward steps made......
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: AbabXXbXbAXaXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 16,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1010110 0111011 1101010 0110110010 110011111 001000100 0111 101111111 1 1010110 00110101101 01110 110101101100 100 11001 000010100100101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 478
- Average number of words per stanza: 84
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Knowing What It Has Taken;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.