This is an analysis of the poem King Of The Pen And Prose that begins with:
King of the pen and prose.
He's an ink blotter stopper......
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: AXXXb AaaXa aacXbXc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,5,7,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 100111 1111010 1000101 11010101 00101 100111 0101 1101 1001100 0100111 110100111 1101110 11010010101 10101010 10100100 0101010 00101101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 167
- Average number of words per stanza: 31
- Amount of lines: 17
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; he is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word he is repeated.
The author used the same word king at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of King Of The Pen And Prose;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.