This is an analysis of the poem Kept Beliefs Discovered To Smother that begins with:
The practice of denial,
Keeps a feeling....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ABCdce eXcd fXfXff ABCceX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,4,6,6,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0100010 1010 1101 1010010110 1001011 1001 101001001 010101 011010 11011111 100110001 0101010010 010101011 11111001000 101 001001111 0100010 1010 1101 1111101 11011 1000100110000
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 154
- Average number of words per stanza: 27
- Amount of lines: 22
- Average number of symbols per line: 27 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Kept Beliefs Discovered To Smother;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Too Cheap And Cheesy
- Analysis of With An Adventuring To Do To Explore More
- Analysis of Until Another Shows