This is an analysis of the poem Keep It In The Pot that begins with:
Give me your love.
And I'll give you my heart, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: Abcc Adcc EBb ffEBXXBb EbEBbEB EBBBbEfBXABABAbbd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,3,8,7,17,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1111 111111 010 110 1111 11 1111010 110 111 1110110 0101010 1 111 111 1110110 01010101 1 10001 10101 111 100011 111 10001 111 111 1000101111 111 1000101111 1000101111 1000101111 10001011 111 0 1000101111 1111 0100011 1111 0100011 1111 010001 1 011101010
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 125
- Average number of words per stanza: 28
- Amount of lines: 42
- Average number of symbols per line: 20 (very short strings)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; keep, it, in, pot, to, hot are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word keep is repeated.
The author used the same words give, you at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines hot is repeated).
The poet repeated the same words ever, hot at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Keep It In The Pot;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.