This is an analysis of the poem It's Like An Impatience Waiting that begins with:
The hour for the last time,
You allow someone to get on your nerves......
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ABbcXXd ABbdcXa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 7,7,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic trimeter or irregular meter
- Metre: 0101011 1011101111 010 110010110 01101010 0101 1010001 0101011 1011101111 010 11010010 10101010101 01011 111101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 204
- Average number of words per stanza: 37
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 28 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of It's Like An Impatience Waiting;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Time And Preferences Change
- Analysis of On Whatever The Level An Eye Contact
- Analysis of It Can Be Draining