This is an analysis of the poem It Is Poetic And Prophetic that begins with:
It is poetic and prophetic,
With some tongue in cheek stuff....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ABABABcCA X cCA cdXX ABABABccA X cCA XXX ABAB deXeX cCA XXABABABcCA
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 9,1,3,4,9,1,3,3,4,5,3,11,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 000101010 011011 000101010 011011 000101010 011011 1 0100100 1100010 110101 1 0100100 1100010 111101 110101010 110110 1101 000101010 011011 000101010 011011 000101010 011011 1 0100100 1100010 111111 1 0100100 1100010 1011101 0101110101 110101010 000101010 011011 000101010 011011 1101001010 10011 011101 1 1010110 1 0100100 1100010 110101 000101010 011011 000101010 011011 000101010 011011 1 0100100 1100010
- Amount of stanzas: 13
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 114
- Average number of words per stanza: 21
- Amount of lines: 55
- Average number of symbols per line: 26 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of It Is Poetic And Prophetic;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of What It Is I Feel
- Analysis of Beliefs And Perceptions
- Analysis of To Preserve Delusions Kept