This is an analysis of the poem It Doesn'T Pay To Stay Fantasized that begins with:
It doesn't pay to stay fantasized with delusions.
It can become very awkward to dismiss the truth, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXaXXa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0101011010010 0101101000101 1110101010 0101010 10100101 10010010100
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 248
- Average number of words per stanza: 41
- Amount of lines: 6
- Average number of symbols per line: 41 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; it, to are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word it is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of It Doesn'T Pay To Stay Fantasized;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Out Of Which Empty Pockets?
- Analysis of Your Vision Is About To Be Broadened Soon
- Analysis of Is Everyone In Camouflage?