This is an analysis of the poem Is It Poetry? that begins with:
Is it poetry?
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ABBC XdXddd ABBCXdeeX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,6,9,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 00100 00 11001 1111 01001 11101 011010 1101101 11111001 001111111101 00100 00 11001 1111 1 1111001 0011101 111 10001010
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 139
- Average number of words per stanza: 26
- Amount of lines: 19
- Average number of symbols per line: 21 (very short strings)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
The speaker asks many questions. Perhaps, he or she is in confusion.
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Is It Poetry?;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.