This is an analysis of the poem Invalidated Accusations that begins with:
On multiple levels,
A picking apart of falsehoods takes place....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: AbAcAdAXa ddXbbX aaX eddaadX X dbdXfcX bea XfXcX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 9,6,3,7,1,7,3,5,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110010 0100101111 1110010 0010011001 110010 111000001001 1110010 1010011010100 110001111001010 111010111000010 1111010 1010101011010010 10111001001001111 110010010011 001110111100 101110111 11101011011110 0001000010010 10101110011010 1 11110 1011010101010 111011110 10110011100010 1111000 0100001001 11001011101 11100100010010 011101 110 1101 101010101111011 0111 1110101010001100 101001 01010101001000110 100 1 111011 11100101 10101010010010
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 195
- Average number of words per stanza: 33
- Amount of lines: 41
- Average number of symbols per line: 37 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, they, and are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word we is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Invalidated Accusations;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of The Faith We Claim
- Analysis of With A Wish To Write Words
- Analysis of Noticed By Those They Know