This is an analysis of the poem In A Slow Acceptance that begins with:
They wish to depict...
Others as being threatening and wicked....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abacdeff Xbdcedeb fX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,2,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11001 10110100110 11 111 01011 001001 1111010 01110 11010 10110100010 101001101011 0101 0101010 010001101 001010 0110010 110010010110 11011011011
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 178
- Average number of words per stanza: 28
- Amount of lines: 18
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; with is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of In A Slow Acceptance;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.