This is an analysis of the poem If They Have Time Like You To Waste that begins with:
You would like to find something hidden,
In my background....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XabCabCXdCccXaXd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 16,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111011010 0111 001101 101 101010 011101011 101 10101001010 00100110010 101 110101010100111 010011010010101 1011011101 110110001 01111101 1011101011
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 547
- Average number of words per stanza: 91
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The speaker asks many questions. Perhaps, he or she is in confusion.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; you is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of If They Have Time Like You To Waste;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of To Keep A Stagnation Understood And Relevant
- Analysis of Of Haitian Blood
- Analysis of Visions Griping Onto A Quality Of Life