This is an analysis of the poem If It Was Not Concerning Them that begins with:
How can one be detached,
From their own feelings? ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcdecb e dffXaee deaXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 7,1,7,5,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111001 01110 111101 111010 0001 11 1001011110 11111101 11111110101 110100 1111101 011100 101010001 110001 1100101 1111011001010 101011010010010 111111111 00110100 11101110011
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 163
- Average number of words per stanza: 30
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of If It Was Not Concerning Them;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Very Little Time To Spend Socializing
- Analysis of Things To Get Done Today
- Analysis of More Of The Same Thing