This is an analysis of the poem If Both Of Us Are Protective that begins with:
And I know you know it too.
A truth we feel existing....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ABCC DEFf fdee gXX ccgcc ABCC DEFaX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,3,5,4,5,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1111101 0111010 11111 100010 1110011 010001 111101 1111101 101101 1111101 11011101 001 1110101 10010 1001 11111 1111101 01011010 00111 1101 1111101 0111010 11111 100010 1110011 010001 111101 011101 01
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 99
- Average number of words per stanza: 21
- Amount of lines: 29
- Average number of symbols per line: 23 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of If Both Of Us Are Protective;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
- Analysis of Guess What?
- Analysis of Most Of Us Love The Ability To Make Excuses