This is an analysis of the poem I Wont Be Renewing My Love At All that begins with:
I wont be renewing my love at all.
To me it's over-rated....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ABC ADD cec XDdaDD AAAX cbc BXCX ADD AAAX ABC AccDd FX BXCX FXXeX AAAX X
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 3,3,3,6,4,3,4,3,4,3,5,2,4,5,4,1,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1100101111 0101010 1101010 1100101111 11 11 10100011101 011101 1101101 111111101101 11 101001 11100101111 11 11 111010111110 11010001111110 111110111101 10011110 11101111 111111 1010111 10101110 1111110 1110111 111110 1100101111 11 11 111010111110 11010001111110 111110111101 10011110 1100101111 0101010 1101010 1100101111 1010001 1101 11 1101 1110101 11101011 10101110 1111110 1110111 111110 1110101 1110101 1011101110 11011 111 111010111110 11010001111110 111110111101 10011110 111101111111
- Amount of stanzas: 16
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 108
- Average number of words per stanza: 23
- Amount of lines: 57
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i, you are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word i is repeated.
The author used the same word i at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of I Wont Be Renewing My Love At All;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Sugar Coating The Wholesomeness Of It
- Analysis of Very Convincingly That Is Expressed
- Analysis of We Will Still Be Great