This is an analysis of the poem I Wish You Had Never Come To Exist that begins with:
It's not my heart,
I find broken apart......
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabX ccaX DAEFg DHGIciXja dhih DHGIDAEFg adXbXa DAjAjDAjAjaXdhda
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,5,9,4,9,6,16,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0111 111001 1111101 01101 101111111 1101 111 010101 01 10101 01110100 0010101 01100101 01 1111001 101001 0101010 1001001011101 1 11 1110 1001 011111011 1111101 11111 1111100101 01 1111001 101001 0101010 01 10101 01110100 0010101 0011101 1 11 00100 11111101 0 10101 111 1101001 10 11101111001 10 111 1101001 10 11101111001 10 1111101001 1 111111110 1 111011101011
- Amount of stanzas: 9
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 140
- Average number of words per stanza: 28
- Amount of lines: 56
- Average number of symbols per line: 22 (very short strings)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, you are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word i is repeated.
The author used the same word it's at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
The poet repeated the same word exist at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of I Wish You Had Never Come To Exist;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Open It To Read The Contents
- Analysis of Investments Deposited In Conflicts
- Analysis of About Your Tactics