This is an analysis of the poem I'Ve Paid Enough For It that begins with:
You are so next to the exit.
So close to an open door, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aba cdXbec d ffgX g eXa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 3,6,1,4,1,3,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11110010 1101101 110111 11001001 1110010 01011 011101 001101010 0010111 11101110 1110 101010 11101 1010101 11111 11110001011 111 110110
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 77
- Average number of words per stanza: 15
- Amount of lines: 18
- Average number of symbols per line: 25 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, you are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words to, and are repeated.
The author used the same word and at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines nothing is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of I'Ve Paid Enough For It;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.