This is an analysis of the poem I Seek To Hear God Guide that begins with:
Your enemy aint here in me.
I refuse to breathe that life you see....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: AAB CD EDBFC CDCDCD FD AAB CDCDCDFD CDCDCDF EDBFCXCDCDfd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 3,2,5,6,2,3,8,7,12,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11001101 101011111 11011101 11 0111 1110101 0010101 11011101 01111001 1100111 11 0111 11 0111 11 0111 1111111 1011111 11001101 101011111 11011101 111 0111 11 0111 11 0111 1111111 1011111 111 0111 11 0111 111 0111 1111111 1110101 0010101 11011101 01111001 1100111 111 0111 111 0111 11111111 11011111
- Amount of stanzas: 10
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 108
- Average number of words per stanza: 23
- Amount of lines: 47
- Average number of symbols per line: 22 (very short strings)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, god, i, seek are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word god is repeated.
The author used the same word oh at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines seek is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of I Seek To Hear God Guide;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of My Mama Did Not Raise No Fools
- Analysis of Halloween Approaches
- Analysis of I'D Be Rich!