This is an analysis of the poem I Just Wanted To Get Your Opinion that begins with:
What do you think about the Pope?
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXXbb cXcX XXXdad
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,4,6,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: rondeau
- Metre: 11110101 10 100001 1 1 1 1110011010 101101101 11 1 0011 11010100 1110 01001 101010111
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 102
- Average number of words per stanza: 19
- Amount of lines: 15
- Average number of symbols per line: 20 (very short strings)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
The speaker asks many questions. Perhaps, he or she is in confusion.
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of I Just Wanted To Get Your Opinion;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Why Does It Make You Weep
- Analysis of You Can Plead A Defeating If You Wish
- Analysis of It Has Been Here To Exist