This is an analysis of the poem I Am Not That Privileged that begins with:
What is it you are thinking?
'I'm thinking of all the people, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: X XaXbX Xa XXbXXX cb X a bcaX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,5,2,6,2,1,1,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1001110 11001010 0101110 11101010 11010100 10110 101100 10100 1 11 1111001001 10010110 10101010 01010101101 00100010011 110001100 11 011101011100101 111 1111100 011001100 1111010110
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 77
- Average number of words per stanza: 13
- Amount of lines: 22
- Average number of symbols per line: 27 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of I Am Not That Privileged;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of With A Doing To Convince Others
- Analysis of Nothing But Conflict Appears
- Analysis of Born To First Recognize Truth