This is an analysis of the poem Hoax that begins with:
As they stumble over the crumbling of their foundations...
They still insist they must persist, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXa baX aaXbccb bX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 3,3,7,2,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: rondeau
- Metre: 111010010001010 11011101 001110110 10110111 1010110101 01110101 110100010101 111010111 01101001010001 1010001010 1000010011 10011101 11011100 10101101 10
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 146
- Average number of words per stanza: 26
- Amount of lines: 15
- Average number of symbols per line: 38 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; they, to are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Hoax;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Before Or After
- Analysis of Serving Something Worthy
- Analysis of Don'T Ask Me To Explain