This is an analysis of the poem Hip Hoppin' that begins with:
So sad the world...
So cruel the fate that comes to creep ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXabbXXXaaXbabaaXa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 18,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1101 110011101 01101010001 011000100 10110011 0101001101 0101110 10110101 111001110 111101011101 101101101110 100110110 00101110101 11110010110 111111010 11001010101 110011111 010010101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 729
- Average number of words per stanza: 116
- Amount of lines: 18
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Hip Hoppin';
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.