This is an analysis of the poem Here Is A Four Dollar Bill that begins with:
You want to hold me responsible,
For not agreeing to your mistakes made....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXbXb XXbca X cX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,5,1,2,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110110100 1101001011 10101010 00110101 10101000110010 111101011 01101010010000 10010111 1101111 1001101 11 110111110 1001101101110
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 113
- Average number of words per stanza: 21
- Amount of lines: 13
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Here Is A Four Dollar Bill;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of In The Minds Of Those Judgemental
- Analysis of That Mist You Wish To Leave
- Analysis of Stoic, Mundane And Unemotional