This is an analysis of the poem Heard From Those Purging that begins with:
There is a mega gap exisiting between,
Those who wish to be seen as being righteous......
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ABCDB bbdd XaeedXXABCDB
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,4,12,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 100101100001 11100111010 1110101010 101101 1110110011 0100100 1011011100 11010101 11100010011001 10100111010 001010110010 101010110 1110100011 11111001001 0010101001011 100101100001 11100111010 1110101010 101101 1110110011
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 209
- Average number of words per stanza: 35
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 41 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; who is repeated.
The author used the same word there at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Heard From Those Purging;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Without Tasting It To Uncover Its Value
- Analysis of Tactics Employed
- Analysis of Get Some Rest