This is an analysis of the poem Happy Birthday Daddy Larry that begins with:
86 years old,
Today my Daddy Larry......
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abc Xdea Xcee XdfX XXcb XXeXc XcgcX Xbc XXghXfhh b bff XXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 3,4,4,4,4,5,5,3,8,1,3,3,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 101 0111010 111010101 11110010101 110110001 11 010010 11101101 1110011 11101001 0111101101 1111 1101110 1111010 011101 1110101 11000110 1111111001 1000111010 101101 101 1110101010100 11101 1111110111 1111 1011011101 111111 111111001 1111111 11101 10111010 101101 110101011 11110101 001101001 1111 1001001 111101110 101 100100 10111010 100000100 1010010 110 1110 1 10101
- Amount of stanzas: 12
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 106
- Average number of words per stanza: 20
- Amount of lines: 48
- Average number of symbols per line: 26 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, i are repeated.
The author used the same word he at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Happy Birthday Daddy Larry;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of On The Scene Experiencing Something New
- Analysis of You Hoaxed Me
- Analysis of With Age Comes A Bravery