This is an analysis of the poem Gone Off The Handle that begins with:
There is no apparatus used,
When someone tries to regain...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abacbaba aXdXdcXc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10110101 1111001 010101 1101010 0010101 11111010 1100101 101001 11011010101 01000101010 1101111001 1111011101 1111 110 1111111 1111010
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 248
- Average number of words per stanza: 44
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Gone Off The Handle;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.