This is an analysis of the poem Going, Going, Gone that begins with:
Going, going, gone!
The pulchritude of those who believe, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: A XXbcAb A debXa A XbdfeX A XXdegdaa adcagafX bhh
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,6,1,5,1,6,1,8,8,3,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10101 010001101 10101 1101 001000100 10101 0111 10101 1001010 00010001010 101100 010010101 010011011010 10101 100 110001011001 100100010000101 11001010001 0101100100 11011101 10101 101101110 10101001101010 101001010 111010100 101010010 011011100101 1010100001010 101101011 110101 110100100 111010 0111100010 110 11110110 100010010100 111 01100001110 1111 111101101
- Amount of stanzas: 10
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 130
- Average number of words per stanza: 21
- Amount of lines: 40
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; going, they are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Going, Going, Gone;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Masochistic Wishes
- Analysis of In Declarations They'Ve Originated
- Analysis of On My Feet They Are Most Comfortable