This is an analysis of the poem Get On To Get Off that begins with:
Someone who had been allowed,
To approach you using the right weapons......
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abacdaefadd gcghfijX XhaX iibb i jaahX d ddaXeX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 11,8,4,4,1,5,1,6,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1111001 0011100110 01101 10010110101 11111 1010111 011010110 1110111001 10100111001 01110101001 1111000100 110111001 1010110 10011101001 01111101010101 10101011101 11110 00100101011 1101011101 1 11111 11111 110000111101 11010101 111110010 1011001 11100111011 1011011 11011 0100101 11101111 1010001 011100100110 10101000111 11101011011 11111 011001101 11011001 110110 1011011000
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 175
- Average number of words per stanza: 34
- Amount of lines: 40
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, you, i are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Get On To Get Off;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.