This is an analysis of the poem Full Of Promises that begins with:
People who claim to have faith
And hide behind fears......
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXbXbcbXabdXcccbdc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 19,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1011011 11011 1110100 0101111 100101000 1110101 11111001 01111001101 11011010111 10010100 1100101 11011 0011010 0101101 011011 110101 100100011 01001 110100111001
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 628
- Average number of words per stanza: 109
- Amount of lines: 19
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; they is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Full Of Promises;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Were You Afraid I Would Leave You Behind?
- Analysis of Artists Of Descriptive Depictions
- Analysis of This Ecstasy