This is an analysis of the poem From Which They Receive No Substance that begins with:
How do I feel,
About the escalating disrespect......
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: Xabcd cb aeXff dXGfa XGgef XXgff
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,2,5,5,5,5,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1111 0101010101 101 1011110 01010100 10010010 111111001 1111 1110100101 110100 01011010010 1001 11011100100 101011110 0100 11100 110010010100 101011110 0100 1010101010101 1 10111010100101 101001011101001 1111110 10101 1011011101010 01101110
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 141
- Average number of words per stanza: 26
- Amount of lines: 27
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of From Which They Receive No Substance;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of In Any Language You Would Like It Received
- Analysis of Rain Falls To Replenish
- Analysis of A Happiness By Any Other Name