This is an analysis of the poem Fried Chicken Grease that begins with:
How their daddies dragged them through the mud,
To leave momma alone to talk to potted plants......
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXXaX XXXXXa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111010101 011001010101 1110101010 0001001 1110101 11010100 111 10101101 010101111 1100101 001010 0011101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 194
- Average number of words per stanza: 34
- Amount of lines: 12
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word to is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Fried Chicken Grease;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of These 'Paying The Consequences' Days Being Paid
- Analysis of Undued
- Analysis of Too Many Desperate People Far From Calm