This is an analysis of the poem Frequently Heard Complaining that begins with:
If the same people are frequently heard complaining,
About being chased away from those places they go......
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXabb cacXc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,5,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0011011001010 0110101011011 10101001110 10011100101 0101101 111100100100 1110010100100 1111010010101 100100101010 1101001010110
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 229
- Average number of words per stanza: 38
- Amount of lines: 10
- Average number of symbols per line: 45 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The speaker asks many questions. Perhaps, he or she is in confusion.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; or is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Frequently Heard Complaining;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.