This is an analysis of the poem Freed Of Most Addictions that begins with:
My time will not be wasted,
By a dispersing attempted through your rhetoric....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ABCD efXef ABCDXbd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,5,7,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: rondeau
- Metre: 1101010 1001001011100 11110100 00010100 1110101010 1110101000101 11101100100111 11110110 10100101011 1101010 1001001011100 11110100 00010100 110011011 010101010110
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 145
- Average number of words per stanza: 27
- Amount of lines: 15
- Average number of symbols per line: 38 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Freed Of Most Addictions;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Free Round Trip Tickets
- Analysis of 'You...Are The Coming'
- Analysis of With Wishes To Erase Reality