This is an analysis of the poem Found In Abundance that begins with:
Have your eyes been open?
Then what is it you do not comprehend? ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXbaCdX CXbCXXCaaXbdc XXaXaCX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 7,13,7,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111010 1100111101 00001011010 100100001010 100 01001 10100100 100 111101 010111110 100 010001101 10101011000 100 101100101010 10100111010 01111 10101010 01101100100 111101001 1111 1111010010 0101101 100101 11010100101 100 01100101001011
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 289
- Average number of words per stanza: 51
- Amount of lines: 27
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The speaker asks many questions. Perhaps, he or she is in confusion.
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; your is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Found In Abundance;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.