This is an analysis of the poem For Your Own Reasons that begins with:
I just want to be the best.
And I confess it....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: AABA AABA AAACdAAAC DAEAFAGHDAEAFAGH AAACfaeAfAdh AABA AABA AAACXDAEAFAGH
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,9,16,12,4,4,13,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1110001 11010 11100011 1111 1110001 11010 11100011 1111 1110111 1110111 1110001 11110 1 1110111 1110111 1110001 11110 110110111 11110011 110101011 11110011 11101001 11110011 110101 1111010 110110111 11110011 110101011 11110011 11101001 11110011 110101 1111010 1110111 1110111 1110001 11110 1110101001 0111011 1100101101 011011 101011111 011011 1 11010 1110001 11010 11100011 1111 1110001 11010 11100011 1111 1110111 1110111 1110001 11110 110110111 11110011 110101011 11110011 11101001 11110011 110101 1111010
- Amount of stanzas: 9
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 218
- Average number of words per stanza: 45
- Amount of lines: 65
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i, you, should, want, to, your, best, and, they are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words you, and are repeated.
The author used the same word i at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines best is repeated).
The poet repeated the same words get, doing at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of For Your Own Reasons;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.