This is an analysis of the poem Flea Market that begins with:
It is claimed,
After nine years of conflict......
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababacX XcaXXXa aXbaX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 7,7,5,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 001 1010010 0110 0000101000 1101 1100111 101 10101101010 11110101010 1011101 1010010010110 100101011 10101100 100101 1 10 1110101010110 111111011001 10111
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 184
- Average number of words per stanza: 34
- Amount of lines: 19
- Average number of symbols per line: 28 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The speaker asks many questions. Perhaps, he or she is in confusion.
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Flea Market;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Stay
- Analysis of Not Deterred By Your Point Of View
- Analysis of The Voice Within You No Longer Sits